April 21, 2007 | Episode 13, Season 2
Real Simple Television Productions Inc.
Sesame Chicken Salad
- Hands-On Time:
Total Time: 15 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 2 small carrots, peeled
- 2 5-ounce bags baby spinach
- 1 small red onion, sliced into thin circles
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Boneless, skinless meat from 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
Using a vegetable peeler, shave the carrots into long, thin ribbons. In a large bowl, combine the carrots, spinach, onion, sesame seeds, and chicken. In a separate bowl, whisk together the ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, and oil. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss, and serve.