June 16, 2007 | Episode 17, Season 2
Real Simple Television Productions Inc.
- Hands-On Time:
Total Time: 45 minutes
Makes 8-10 servings
- 2 pounds cooked crabmeat
- 2 bunches scallions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 to 10 rolls or hot dog buns
- 8 leaf lettuce leaves (such as Bibb)
- 3 ripe tomatoes, sliced
Pick over the crabmeat, discarding any pieces of shell. Finely chop the meat. In a medium bowl, combine the crabmeat, scallions, celery, lemon juice, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, toast the rolls until lightly browned. Spoon some of the chilled crabmeat mixture onto half of each roll, then place some of the lettuce and tomato on the other half. Serve immediately.
Tip: You can substitute chopped lobster meat or peeled, deveined, and finely chopped shrimp for the crabmeat.