August 4, 2007 | Episode 24, Season 2
Real Simple Television Productions Inc.
Black Bean Soup
- Hands-On Time:
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1-pint container fresh salsa, drained
- 1 16-ounce can refried black beans
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 14.5-ounce can low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped (optional)
Heat the oil in a saucepan or large pot over medium heat. Add all but 2 tablespoons of the salsa and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Add the refried beans, black beans, and broth and bring to a simmer. Cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes. Ladle into bowls. Top with the remaining salsa and the sour cream and cilantro (if using).