September 22, 2007 | Episode 26, Season 2
Real Simple Television Productions Inc.
Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
- Hands-On Time:
Total Time: 50 minutes
Serves 6 to 8
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt
- 8 large peanut butter cups, cut into pieces
Heat oven to 400° F. Melt the butter and chocolate in a pan over low heat. Using a mixer, beat the eggs and sugar until pale yellow and fluffy. Lower speed and pour in the melted chocolate and vanilla. Mix in the flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Fold in the peanut butter cups. Scrape into a buttered 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Bake until the tip of a knife comes out clean, about 35 minutes.