Ride the Tiger Live Panel Discussion
On March 30, Detroit Public TV along with the University of Michigan Depression Center in Ann Arbor held a panel discussion with contributors and an expert featured in the film. Joining us for the panel discussion are as follows:
- Ellen Forney: Cartoonist and the author of the New York Times bestseller Marbles: Mania, Depression, Michelangelo, and Me, and the 2012 “Genius Award” winner in Literature from Seattle's The Stranger
- Melvin G. McInnis, M.D.: Research director for the Heinz C. Prechter Bipolar Research Fund at the University of Michigan Medical School
- Melody Moezzi: Writer, activist, attorney and award-winning author. Her latest book, Haldol and Hyacinths: A Bipolar Life, was recently released in paperback. Her first book, War on Error: Real Stories of American Muslims, earned her a Georgia Author of the Year Award and a Gustavus Myers Center for the Study of Bigotry and Human Rights Honorable Mention in 2007
- Ed Moore: Detroit Public TV’s duPont-Columbia award-winning writer/producer/director
- Sue O’Shea, Ph.D.: Director, University of Michigan Center for Pluripotent Stem Cell Research and the Crosby-Kahn Collegiate Professor of Cell and Development Biology at U-M
In conjunction with World Bipolar Day as of March 30, Ride the Tiger will be made available for an advanced digital streaming. Ride the Tiger premieres April 13, 2016 on PBS stations nationwide.