1. Before the Cambrian Explosion 600 million years ago, what
kind of life form dominated the planet?
What do the scientists think triggered the Cambrian Explosion?
3. Anthropologist Mary Marzke thinks "Lucy" did what with
a) used sign language
b) painted cave drawings
c) threw stones to kill prey
d) pitched a baseball
Which part of the human hand is unique among apes?
a) Opposable thumb
b) five fingers
d) flexible joints in the index and pinky fingers.
5. Who designed the Lego "crane" designed to lift a 100-gram
weight (which Alan broke)?
What biological process does the computer apply to its artificial
7. Name two ways to detect an extra-solar planet.
Paul Horowitz is looking for what type of signal from an alien
b) laser beam
c) gravitational wobble
d) e-mail message
9. What human capacity makes us different from other animals,
according to philosopher Daniel Dennett?
10. To what does Dennett compare each cell in the human body?