- What was the purpose of the taped rear limit to the batter's
(You needed to insure that all of the targeting was
performed prior to the ball rolling out of view. )
- How would a longer targeting zone affect the accuracy
of hitting the moving marble? Make a prediction. Then, carry
out an experiment that will test your prediction.
(The longer the zone, the more accurate the targeting. However,
there is probably a distance in which increases don't affect
- How did different inclination angles of the tube affect
the movement of the marble?
(The steeper the angle, the higher the marble's velocity.)
- How did different velocities affect the results?
(Accept all reasonable responses. Often there will
be a marble speed at which the most targeting success was
- Did extending the targeting window affect the targeting
(Yes, if the targeting window was extended, there
was more time to analyze the movement of the marble and
predict the trajectory with greater accuracy.)