- What are common features to all amino acids?
- Compare and contrast the composition of an amino acid to a
(The "open" bonds from neighboring sugars join together and
link the side-by-side sugars into a dissacaride)
what you can observe in the molecular structure, can dehydration
synthesis also produce long chains of amino acids? Explain.
(Water would cause neighboring sugars to unlink in a reverse
reaction to dehydration synthesis)
and Unsaturated Fats
- When saturated, how many different atoms can a carbon bond to?
- What must be added to an unsaturated chain, in order to make
- Infer the structural feature of a "polyunsaturated fat".
(The fat molecule has more than one double bond in its structure).