PBS Viewers love to eat… and they have the resources to tempt their palate in style.
PBS Viewers have more disposable income than the average population (they are 49% more likely to have a household net worth of $1M or more than the base population) and more time available to spend it.
PBS Viewers enjoy going to restaurants…
but they are also more likely to be home gourmands!
- 68% of PBS Viewers agree that they typically celebrate special occasions at restaurants
- PBS Viewers are 40% more likely to purchase wine at a restaurant
- 73% of PBS Viewers agree that they try to buy locally grown or produced foods
- 78% agree that they like to try different types of foods
PBS Viewers like to research their food hobby – by what they read, and by what they view
PBS offers its viewers a wide variety of programs from a variety of genres, but even with all of the options, PBS Viewers are avid consumers of the Food & Travel genre programs available on their local PBS stations.
- 14% of all PBS Viewers watch food or cooking programs on their PBS stations
PBS Viewers also are more likely to read specialized publications in these hobby areas!