HOW WILL THIS AFFECT YOUR CURRENT VIDEO MODULE PLAYER?
First, to answer the question on every webmaster's mind right now, No.
Stations will not have to update any code to swap out the old module. Read on to learn about the updated features... All direct links of clips, full episodes, and "in-video" games will change in the video player.
Direct links to clips and games can be obtained by clicking on the SHARE THIS CLIP button and copying the URL. For direct links to channels, please email Station Products & Innovation (firstname.lastname@example.org).
1. STATION LOGO: Logo will now appear below the video screen next to the Corporation for Public Broadcasting logo
2. SHARE THIS CLIP: Kids, parents, or teachers can email videos to friends, or copy a URL for direct linking
3. SPONSORS: Show sponsor logos are now available in the ABOUT THIS VIDEO portion of the player
3. UPDATED DESIGN: A new, vibrant interface improves navigation and speeds up loading time of video playlists
[Click on the image to view a larger version of the thumbnail.]
OTHER DESIGN CHANGES
1. Video screen has moved from the right side to the left side of the page
2. ALL SHOWS tab now appears in a scroll bar below the playlist
3. ALL CHANNELS feature can be alphabetized
4. NOW PLAYING tab added
5. PREVIOUS and NEXT arrows added to allow easy navigation of video clip
To see a live version of the new player implemented on PBS KIDS GO! visit http://pbskids.org/go/video/?campaign=go_eyecatcher .
Please reach out to us and let us if you have any concerns about the new updates at email@example.com or feel free to post a comment below.