National Price: $169.00
Ahead of the Curve: Exponential and Other Functions for Grades 6-8
- Course Description:
Help middle school students function with functions. Study strategies for teaching exponential functions and growth, and solve a range of mathematical problems to understand the underlying mathematics of functions. Collaborate with peers online to find ways to recognize and address students' misconceptions. Create a lesson plan that prepares students for the type of function problems they will encounter in your curriculum.
If you like this course, you may also like:
* MATH136 Pattern and Relations for Grades 6-8 (15 hours)
* MATH150 Making Comparisons with Data Analysis (30 hours)
* MATH186 Math in Everyday Life for Grades 6-8 (15 hours)
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 1.0 credit - pricing
- Madonna University - 1.0 credit - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Mathematics, Instructional Strategies
- Grade Level: