National Price: $265.00
- Course Description:
Target middle school students' misconceptions about proportionality, as you learn new ways to teach ratio, proportion, and percents. After exploring various student approaches to proportion problems, and collaborating with other course participants, you'll be prepared to craft a lesson plan designed to teach a concept of proportion using your new knowledge.
If you like this course, you may also like:
* MATH211 Just the Stats: Data Analysis for Grades 6-8 (15 hours)
* MATH216 The Odds Are Good: Probability for Grades 6-8 (15 hours)
* MATH186 Math in Everyday Life for Grades 6-8 (15 hours)
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 1.0 credit - pricing
- Madonna University - 1.0 credit - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 1.0 credit - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 1.0 credit - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Mathematics, Instructional Technology, Instructional Strategies
- Grade Level: