National Price: $325.00
Math in Everyday Life for Grades K-5
- Course Description:
Make mathematics "real" for your young students with a fresh look at problem solving, calculators, and the Internet in the classroom. Review the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) Calculator-Usage and Problem-Solving Standards for a framework to design lesson plans, address content, and meet state standards. Then, develop a "walking field trip" through tasks found in students' daily lives.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
Classroom Link-Access to students recommended. PBS Classroom Link courses ask learners to implement lessons with their class or with a small group of students (options for learners without access to students are available).
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 1.0 credit - pricing
- Madonna University - 1.0 credit - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 1.0 credit - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 1.0 credit - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 1.0 credit - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 1.0 credit - pricing
- James Madison University - 1.0 credit - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 1.0 credit - pricing
- Morningside College - 1.0 credit - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Mathematics, Instructional Strategies
- Grade Level: