National Price: $169.00
Ready to Teach Fractions: Part 1
- Course Description:
Unlock the mysteries surrounding children's struggle with fractions. Through the work of the Rational Number Project (RNP), you will begin to view fraction number sense as an extension of whole number sense, and become familiar with the Lesh Translation Model, while reviewing learning theory. Explore how using manipulatives to help children develop mental images of fractions (rather than algorithms) boosts understanding. As the cornerstone of this course, the practical and research-based RNP fraction curriculum will be made available for classroom implementation.
If you like this course, you may also like:
* MATH231 Ready to Teach Fractions Part 2 (15 hours)
* MATH160 Gender Equity in the Mathematics Classroom (30 hours)
* MATH165 Enabling Students with Special Needs to Succeed in Math (30 hours)
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 1.0 credit - pricing
- Madonna University - 1.0 credit - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Grade Level: