National Price: $169.00
Ready to Teach Fractions: Part 2
- Course Description:
Build on the understanding you gained in Ready to Teach Fractions Part 1, the prerequisite course focused on developing meaning for fractions and working with concrete models for equivalent fractions. In Part 2, you'll learn more about the Rational Number Project (RNP) philosophy for addition, subtraction, multiplications, and division concretely and meaningfully. As the cornerstone of this course, the curriculum will provide you with instructional activities to help students operate with fractions involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Ready to Teach Fractions Part 2 is an ideal "next step" to help students overcome the fear of fractions.
If you like this course, you may also like:
* MATH226 Ready to Teach Fractions Part 1 (15 hours)
* MATH160 Gender Equity in the Mathematics Classroom (30 hours)
* MATH165 Enabling Students with Special Needs to Succeed in Math (30 hours)
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Madonna University - 1.0 credit - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Grade Level: