National Price: $199.00
Measurement: Surface Area and Volume in Grades 6-8
- Course Description:
Clarify the concepts of surface area and volume for middle schoolers using nets/maps, interactives and the van Hiele model of geometric thought. Learn how to encourage students' reasoning, while addressing the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) standards. Utilize PBS's resources such as
Misunderstood Minds, to address students with math disabilities. Create a lesson on surface area and volume.
If you like this course, you may also like:
* MATH186 Math in Everyday Life for Grades 6-8 (15 hours)
* MATH246 Rational Numbers, Fraction, Decimals, and Percents in Grades 6 -8 (15 hours)
* MATH126 Ahead of the Curve: Exponential and Other Functions for Grades 6-8 (15 hours)
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Mathematics, Instructional Technology, Instructional Strategies
- Grade Level: