National Price: $355.00
Seeing Math™: Proportional Reasoning
- Course Description:
Discover techniques to guide your students through the critical transition from elementary-level computing to more complex, proportional thinking. Through videos, observation, and peer discussion, you will reflect on how students approach problems and discuss ways to support student understanding. Comments from math specialist Dr. Richard Lesh are also presented in conjunction with videos of student learners to help construct and assess students' development of proportional reasoning. Take this course to unlock the mystery of student thinking.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
Classroom Link-Access to students recommended. PBS Classroom Link courses ask learners to implement lessons with their class or with a small group of students (options for learners without access to students are available).
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Grade Level: