National Price: $405.00
Teaching Math (Grades K-2): A Special Collection from Annenberg Learner
- Course Description:
Expand your understanding of the key five process standards developed by National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM): Communication, Problem Solving, Reasoning and Proof, Representation, and Connections. Learn also how multimedia resources (videos, student-teacher dialogues, and interactives) can impact student learning. This course will help you to coordinate your knowledge of both standards and resources to give students a fuller sense of what mathematics is, and to help them achieve both a strong conceptual foundation as well as necessary mathematical thinking skills.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Sierra Nevada College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Adams State University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- James Madison University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Grade Level: