National Price: $295.00
Teaching Reading in Mathematics
- Course Description:
Master effective reading skills which are critical for student achievement in mathematics. Learn the specific skills and knowledge students need in order to read mathematics texts effectively and how to help students sort ideas, understand text organization, connect text to mathematical concepts and operations, and tackle challenging reading content. Collaborate with fellow learners on the effectiveness of different teaching strategies for reading mathematics texts. This course aligns with the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) Communication Standards.
If you like this course, you may also like:
* RDLA340 Teaching Reading in the Content Area (30 hours)
* MATH270 Developing Algebraic Thinking in Grades 3-5 (30 hours)
* MATH160 Gender Equity in the Mathematics Classroom (30 hours)
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
Classroom Link-Access to students recommended. PBS Classroom Link courses ask learners to implement lessons with their class or with a small group of students (options for learners without access to students are available).
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Washburn University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Mathematics, Reading/Language Arts
- Grade Level: