National Price: $355.00
An Introduction to Underlying Principles and Research for Effective Literacy Instruction
- Course Description:
Meet requirements for research-based literacy and reading instruction. Analyze in-depth studies of the use of phonemic awareness, phonics, and word recognition to develop the skills required for students to expand vocabulary, improve comprehension and fluency, and gain independence. Familiarize yourself with the literacy needs of English language learners (ELL), students with learning disabilities, and other struggling readers.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Reading/Language Arts, Instructional Strategies
- Grade Level: