National Price: $405.00
Teaching Phonics and Spelling for Beginning and Transitional Readers
- Course Description:
Engage beginning and transitional readers and writers with research-based phonics and spelling activities. Study and discuss topics such as the principles which form the foundation for traditional versus contemporary perspectives on spelling instruction. Investigate better ways to help students develop oral reading fluency through learning letters, letter-sound correspondence and patterns and high-frequency words, then assess a student's skill level in spelling to set appropriate individual goals.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 3.0 credits - pricing
- James Madison University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Reading/Language Arts
- Grade Level: