National Price: $295.00
Teaching Narrative and Expository Comprehension
- Course Description:
Play, art, drama, and technology can extend student learning far beyond read-aloud sessions. Discover techniques for varying genres and including expository texts to strengthen comprehension. Practice questioning skills to aid comprehension during read-alouds. A plan for incorporating expository text into instruction is the culminating project.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Washburn University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Reading/Language Arts, Instructional Strategies
- Grade Level: