National Price: $405.00
Teaching Narrative and Expository Text Comprehension
- Course Description:
Play, art, drama, and technology can extend student learning far beyond read-aloud sessions. Discover techniques for varying genres and including expository texts to strengthen comprehension. Practice questioning skills to aid comprehension during read-alouds. A plan for incorporating expository text into instruction is the culminating project.
Modified from RDLA180: includes additional coursework and/or readings for greater
depth (eligible for 3 credit hours).
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
Classroom Link-Access to students recommended. PBS Classroom Link courses ask learners to implement lessons with their class or with a small group of students (options for learners without access to students are available).
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Reading/Language Arts
- Grade Level: