National Price: $345.00
Teaching Narrative and Expository Text Comprehension
- Course Description:
Explore smart strategies for assessing student comprehension and study the challenges that affect comprehension in the early elementary grades, such as the impact of genre. Develop lesson plans for direct instruction and collaborative approaches to teaching comprehension skills.
Modified from RDLA 185: includes additional coursework and/or readings for greater
depth to be eligible for 3 credit hours.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
Classroom Link-Access to students recommended. PBS Classroom Link courses ask learners to implement lessons with their class or with a small group of students (options for learners without access to students are available).
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Washburn University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Reading/Language Arts
- Grade Level: