National Price: $405.00
Improving Reading Comprehension
- Course Description:
Understand the many factors affecting students' comprehension, and how to avoid the "fourth-grade reading slump". Implement active strategies for developing students' love of reading while building their comprehension of different types of texts. Bring narrative, expository, and multi-genre books to life for all students through student-collaboration projects, text maps, reading guides and Internet-based projects.
This course was formerly titled "Teaching Narrative and Expository Comprehension"
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
Classroom Link-Access to students recommended. PBS Classroom Link courses ask learners to implement lessons with their class or with a small group of students (options for learners without access to students are available).
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Washburn University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Reading/Language Arts
- Grade Level: