National Price: $355.00
Teaching Reading Fluency
- Course Description:
A fluent reader is more confident and successful. Learn quantitative and qualitative techniques to assess and improve students' fluency, and discover ways technology can foster students' fluency progress. Apply practical, research-based strategies that leverage trusted PBS resources to help parents make the home-to-school connection. This course is also ideal for teachers who work with older, struggling readers. Content aligns with the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE) and International Reading Association (IRA) standards.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
Classroom Link-Access to students recommended. PBS Classroom Link courses ask learners to implement lessons with their class or with a small group of students (options for learners without access to students are available).
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 2.0 credits - pricing
- James Madison University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Reading/Language Arts
- Grade Level: