National Price: $295.00
Facilitating Oral Language Development
- Course Description:
Blending theoretical and practical information about oral language development, this course will introduce you to proven ways to assess students' oral language skills and provides opportunities to practice strategies for teaching vocabulary to young students. The course also covers tactics for differentiating instruction to meet the needs of diverse students and provides resources from PBS for parents to use to expand their children's vocabularies.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
Classroom Link-Access to students recommended. PBS Classroom Link courses ask learners to implement lessons with their class or with a small group of students (options for learners without access to students are available).
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 2.0 credits - pricing
- James Madison University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Reading/Language Arts
- Grade Level: