National Price: $295.00
Effective Writing Instruction
- Course Description:
Even the youngest students can develop early writing skills. This course explores the theory and practice of writing instruction and covers practical strategies to support students' writing development including modeled writing, shared writing, interactive writing, and independent writing. You'll practice to improve your own teaching and assessment of students' writing products. The course also covers techniques to help parents create writing opportunities at home, drawing on favorite PBS programs such as Caillou TM, Mr. Rogers Neighborhood TM, and Between the Lions TM.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
Classroom Link-Access to students recommended. PBS Classroom Link courses ask learners to implement lessons with their class or with a small group of students (options for learners without access to students are available).
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Washburn University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Reading/Language Arts
- Grade Level: