National Price: $355.00
Teaching Writing in Science
- Course Description:
Examine how writing fits in your science curriculum and the many instructional benefits of incorporating writing into science instruction. Explore how students can write to learn, communicate, and convince — essential features of science inquiry. Discover strategies for using writing to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all students and how to assess students’ understanding of science concepts through writing assignments and activities.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
Classroom Link-Access to students recommended. PBS Classroom Link courses ask learners to implement lessons with their class or with a small group of students (options for learners without access to students are available).
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Science, Reading/Language Arts
- Grade Level: