National Price: $355.00
Teaching Writing in Mathematics
- Course Description:
Integrating writing into mathematics presents both challenges and opportunities. This course provides the tools you need to make writing in mathematics work. Explore the benefits and challenges of using writing in mathematics and practical tools to integrate writing in substantial, meaningful ways in the classroom. Use a mathography lesson to gain insight into your students' attitudes and learn how to help your students organize and communicate mathematical concepts, and interact with others using prior knowledge and experiences. Explore strategies for assessing students’ writing and utilize technology to jump-start it.
If you like this course, you may also like:
* RDLA220 Teaching Writing in the Content Area (30 hours)
* MATH150 Making Comparisons with Data Analysis (30 hours)
* MATH186 Math in Everyday Life for Grades 6-8 (15 hours)
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
Classroom Link-Access to students recommended. PBS Classroom Link courses ask learners to implement lessons with their class or with a small group of students (options for learners without access to students are available).
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Mathematics, Reading/Language Arts
- Grade Level: