National Price: $355.00
Teaching Reading in the Content Areas
- Course Description:
Give your students the tools they need to be active and engaged readers across all grade levels and content areas. In this course, you will learn how to create a successful classroom environment that supports effective reading techniques and habits. Your course assignments will build upon essential techniques that support independent reading and learning, such as identifying opportunities for students to access prior knowledge, setting a purpose for reading, organizing and summarizing ideas, taking notes, and reflecting on new understandings.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
Classroom Link-Access to students recommended. PBS Classroom Link courses ask learners to implement lessons with their class or with a small group of students (options for learners without access to students are available).
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 2.0 credits - pricing
- James Madison University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Mathematics, Science, Reading/Language Arts
- Grade Level: