National Price: $355.00
Teaching Reading in the Content Areas
- Course Description:
Master new strategies to address students' reading and learning across grade levels and content areas, explore environments that promote effective learning, and examine necessary skills for reading content material successfully. This course shares essential techniques to support independent reading and learning and identifies opportunities for students to access prior knowledge, set a purpose or target for reading, organize and summarize ideas, take notes, and reflect on their discoveries with satisfaction.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
Classroom Link-Access to students recommended. PBS Classroom Link courses ask learners to implement lessons with their class or with a small group of students (options for learners without access to students are available).
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Washburn University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 2.0 credits - pricing
- James Madison University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Mathematics, Science, Reading/Language Arts
- Grade Level: