National Price: $295.00
Heredity and Adaptation - Special Collection: Teachers' Domain, produced by WGBH Boston
- Course Description:
A topic immersion course on Teaching Elementary Life Science.
Go beyond the topics typically taught in elementary life science to provide your students with a foundation for the larger K-12 science scope and sequence. As you review the difference between inherited and environmental traits and examine the processes of heredity and natural selection, you will focus on ways to prepare your students for future study in genetics and evolution.
Note: The content of this topic immersion course is drawn from our full survey course Teaching Elementary Life Science (SCIE500). When planning their professional development, learners should select either the full survey course or choose one or more of the topic immersion component courses.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Northwest Nazarene University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Washburn University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Grade Level: