National Price: $405.00
Teaching Middle School Life Science - STEM Professional Development from WGBH
- Course Description:
Experience the constructivist-learning model firsthand as you deepen your knowledge of the entire range of life science topics: from the structure and function of organisms and cells, to applied genetics and natural selection. This course incorporates inquiry, methodology, and metacognitive strategies for learning and teaching, including scientific reasoning, prediction, abstract and critical thinking to maximize the impact of your science curriculum.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Grade Level: