National Price: $295.00
Teaching About Genetics - Special Collection: Teachers' Domain, produced by WGBH Boston
- Course Description:
A topic immersion course on Teaching High School Biology. Provide your students with a deep and meaningful understanding of genetics by learning to employ content knowledge, sound teaching strategies, and real-life case studies. You'll explore methods to identify the challenging topics and "big ideas" in genetics and discover new resources and strategies to approach them. Note: The content of this topic immersion course is drawn from our full survey course Teaching High School Biology (SCIE520). When planning their professional development, learners should select either the full survey course or choose one or more of the topic immersion component courses.This course is only offered to groups of 12 or more learners.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Grade Level: