National Price: $295.00
Understanding Properties and Structure - Special Collection: Teachers' Domain, produced by WGBH Boston
- Course Description:
A topic immersion course on Teaching Elementary Physical Science.
Leverage the power of the real-world context for physical science learning. In this course you'll investigate the physical properties of objects and how their arrangement into structures affects their response to forces; explore how materials and objects respond to and apply forces; and delineate the difference between dynamic and static situations. You'll complete the course prepared to use prediction and testing as a learning tool and assess learning in an ongoing manner.
Note: The content of this topic immersion course is drawn from our full survey course Teaching Elementary Physical Science (SCIE530). When planning their professional development, learners should select either the full survey course or choose one or more of the topic immersion component courses.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Washburn University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Grade Level: