National Price: $345.00
Teaching Middle School Physical Science - Special Collection: Teachers' Domain, produced by WGBH Boston
- Course Description:
Deepen your understanding of the science concepts needed to teach standards-based curricula at the middle-school level. Increase your content knowledge about the physical science topics of energy transfer, light and waves, heat transfer, and density and solubility. Learn methods and metacognitive strategies for learning and teaching, including scientific reasoning, prediction, and abstract and critical thinking to optimize your science teaching experiences.This course is only offered to groups of 12 or more learners.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Washburn University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Grade Level: