National Price: $405.00
The Habitable Planet: A Systems Approach to Environmental Science—A Special Collection from Annenberg Learner
- Course Description:
Watch students hone their skills as scientific thinkers! Use inquiry-based learning techniques to determine which multimedia resources—Annenberg Learner videos, interactive labs, and more—will best engage your students. In this course, you will build content knowledge as you examine the unique characteristics that make our planet habitable and investigate the effects of human actions on land use, air and water pollution, biodiversity decline, and the extraction of resources. You will also gain essential background for understanding and discussing the nature of Earth systems, including geophysical systems, the atmosphere, the oceans, and natural ecosystems.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Sierra Nevada College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Adams State University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Grade Level: