National Price: $585.00
Online Facilitator Training I: Mastering the Skills of Online Teaching
- Course Description:
Effective online facilitators know how to provide formative feedback, offer technical guidance, foster community, and communicate "from the side" to encourage participants to learn and work together. Through research-based articles and readings, discussions, collaborative projects, and other interactive experiences, you will have multiple opportunities to build and master online facilitation skills. The final project will be creating a case study based on the experiences of a hypothetical online facilitator. Note: We strongly recommend that learners have experience with online learning prior to enrollment in this course.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 3.0 credits - pricing
- James Madison University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Instructional Technology
- Grade Level: