National Price: $585.00
Fundamentals of Virtual K-12 Teaching
- Course Description:
New research predicts that the number of K-12 students taking online classes will jump to more than 10 million by 2014 – either attending a virtual school for all their classes or a hybrid situation where they combine virtual with face-to-face experiences. With this increase, school districts need highly-qualified educators who can meet the needs of all students in the online environment. The highly-qualified virtual teacher knows a lot more than how to use the technology and tools involved in learning online. Virtual teachers understand how to build community, how to develop tone and voice, and how to effectively assess virtual students. This course has been designed to meet the demand for qualified virtual teachers and will prepare you to be an effective virtual teacher. In this course you will learn about the national standards for quality online courses from iNACOL, SREB and the NEA, how to build community, strategies for working with virtual students, and assessment techniques. This course is a project-based learning experience during which you will practice what you learn throughout the course and you will build an eLearning Toolbox with resources and materials you can use in your future virtual experiences.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 3.0 credits - pricing
- James Madison University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Instructional Technology
- Grade Level: