National Price: $585.00
Fundamentals of Virtual K-12 Teaching
- Course Description:
School districts need highly-qualified educators who can meet the needs of all students in an online environment. A highly-qualified virtual teacher knows how to use the technology and tools for learning online, as well as how to build community, how to develop tone and voice, and how to effectively assess virtual students. This course has been specifically created to give you the tools you need to become an effective virtual teacher. You will learn about the national standards for quality online courses from iNACOL, SREB and the NEA, how to build community, strategies for working with virtual students, and assessment techniques. This course is a project-based learning experience, during which you will practice what you learn. As a final assignment, you will build an eLearning Toolbox with resources and materials you can use in your future virtual classroom experiences.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 3.0 credits - pricing
- James Madison University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Instructional Technology
- Grade Level: