National Price: $345.00
America's History in the Making: A Special Collection from Annenberg Learner
- Course Description:
Enrich your knowledge of American history and learn methods to bring history to life in the classroom. This course explores American history content and classroom applications, such as using digital primary sources and biographical accounts, through the integrated use of video, text, classroom activities, and Web-based interactives. Developed through a consortium of seven education service districts (ESDs) and area education agencies (AEAs) across the U.S., and in partnership with the National Center for History in the Schools and the Organization for American Historians, this course aligns with and supports state and district standards for American history. Simultaneously build content knowledge and explore new applications as you explore each era in American history from Pre-Columbian societies in North America through the Industrial Revolution to today's evolving society and America's position as a global superpower. Practice developing lesson plans and student assignments that incorporate digital primary sources and develop students' historical thinking skills.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Washburn University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 3.0 credits - pricing
- James Madison University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Social Studies/History
- Grade Level: