Course Section Information
06/12/2013 - 07/23/2013
Max. Class Size: 30
Offered by PBS National
- Enrollment is not open.
Building Critical Thinking Skills for Online Research
- Course Section Description:
Put 21st century skills into practice as you help students get the most from their online research by encouraging their critical-thinking and information literacy skills. Explore different information search process models and strengthen your own online research skills. Create an Internet-based model for teaching your students where to find information, how to evaluate it, and how to apply it to their tasks.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Washburn University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- James Madison University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Becky Maguire
- Subject Area:
- Instructional Technology, Instructional Strategies
- Grade Level: