Course Section Information
09/25/2013 - 11/05/2013
Max. Class Size: 25
Offered by TeacherLine Southeast
- Enrollment is not open.
Teaching with Primary Sources from the Library of Congress
- Course Section Description:
This course helps educators utilize the more than 19 million resources and materials of the Library of Congress to create student engagement, build critical thinking skills, and enhance knowledge construction with primary sources. Gain a new understanding of how close contact with the library’s historical resources can provide young people with a strong sense of the past and a new understanding of the present.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
Classroom Link-Access to students recommended. PBS Classroom Link courses ask learners to implement lessons with their class or with a small group of students (options for learners without access to students are available).
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
This course earns: 60 SC renewal credits; 4 GA PLUs; 4.5 NC CEUs; or 3 graduate credits for an addt'l fee.
SC Educators: This course is also approved for Technology Credits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- University of Central Missouri - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Adams State University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Instructional Strategies, Social Studies/History
- Grade Level: