Course Section Information
06/12/2013 - 07/23/2013
Max. Class Size: 31
Available Seats: 5
Offered by PBS National
- Enrollment is not open.
Math in Everyday Life for Grades K-5
- Course Section Description:
Make mathematics "real" for your young students with a fresh look at problem solving, calculators, and the Internet in the classroom. Review the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) Calculator-Usage and Problem-Solving Standards for a framework to design lesson plans, address content, and meet state standards. Then, develop a "walking field trip" through tasks found in students' daily lives.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
Classroom Link-Access to students recommended. PBS Classroom Link courses ask learners to implement lessons with their class or with a small group of students (options for learners without access to students are available).
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 1.0 credit - pricing
- Madonna University - 1.0 credit - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 1.0 credit - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 1.0 credit - pricing
- Washburn University - 1.0 credit - pricing
- James Madison University - 1.0 credit - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 1.0 credit - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 1.0 credit - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 1.0 credit - pricing
- Morningside College - 1.0 credit - pricing
- Dan Zanone
- Subject Area:
- Mathematics, Instructional Strategies
- Grade Level: