Course Section Information
10/28/2009 - 12/08/2009
Max. Class Size: 25
Offered by PBS National
- Enrollment is not open.
The Odds Are Good: Probability for Grades 6-8
- Course Section Description:
We'll bet that we've got what you're looking for! Discover techniques to develop lessons about probability that meet the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) standards, use technology as a teaching tool, and incorporate new pedagogical strategies for teaching probability to middle school students.
If you like this course, you may also like:
* MATH211 Just the Stats: Data Analysis for Grades 6-8 (15 hours)
* MATH150 Making Comparisons with Data Analysis (30 hours)
* MATH136 Pattern and Relations for Grades 6-8 (15 hours)
Classroom Link-Access to students recommended. PBS Classroom Link courses ask learners to implement lessons with their class or with a small group of students (options for learners without access to students are available).
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 1.0 credit - pricing
- Northwest Nazarene University - 1.0 credit - pricing
- Madonna University - 1.0 credit - pricing
- Margaret Bowerman
- Subject Area:
- Mathematics, Instructional Strategies
- Grade Level: