Course Section Information
03/27/2013 - 05/07/2013
Max. Class Size: 30
Offered by PBS National
- Enrollment is not open.
Count on It: Number Sense for Grades K-5
- Course Section Description:
Make sense out of "number sense," as you discover the role it plays in students' mathematical development and the impact it has on their future performance. Identify effective assessment strategies and examine lesson plans, Web resources, and the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) standards. Develop lesson plans using both traditional and technological manipulatives.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
Classroom Link-Access to students recommended. PBS Classroom Link courses ask learners to implement lessons with their class or with a small group of students (options for learners without access to students are available).
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 1.0 credit - pricing
- Madonna University - 1.0 credit - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 1.0 credit - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 1.0 credit - pricing
- James Madison University - 1.0 credit - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 1.0 credit - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 1.0 credit - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 1.0 credit - pricing
- Morningside College - 1.0 credit - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Mathematics, Instructional Strategies
- Grade Level: