Course Section Information
05/01/2013 - 06/11/2013
Max. Class Size: 30
Offered by PBS National
- Enrollment is not open.
Understanding Numbers and Operations: Addition and Subtraction in Grades PreK-3
- Course Section Description:
Learn to teach mental arithmetic to enhance your students' understanding of addition and subtraction. Develop your understanding of computational strategies by observing students, exploring lesson plans, and examining Web resources. Design, implement, and assess a numbers and operations lesson that combines technology, manipulatives, and effective pedagogical strategies.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
Classroom Link-Access to students recommended. PBS Classroom Link courses ask learners to implement lessons with their class or with a small group of students (options for learners without access to students are available).
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Washburn University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- James Madison University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Mathematics, Instructional Technology, Instructional Strategies
- Grade Level: