Course Section Information
03/26/2014 - 05/06/2014
Max. Class Size: 30
Offered by PBS National
- Enrollment is not open.
Achieving Learning Goals through Accomplished Mathematics Instruction
- Course Section Description:
This research-based course draws upon data from the National Board for Professional Teaching Standard’s performance assessment of mathematics. Examine how your practice impacts student learning through the lens of professional teaching standards. Identify learning goals for your lessons, determine how different types of goals connect, and define how students show evidence of achievement of those goals. Note: Course 1 is helpful, but not a required precursor for Course 2: Guiding Student Learning Through Accomplished Mathematics Instruction. This course is facilitated by National Board Certified Teachers (NBCTs) in mathematics.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Charlene Higgins
- Subject Area:
- Grade Level: