Course Section Information
03/27/2013 - 05/07/2013
Max. Class Size: 30
Offered by PBS National
- Enrollment is not open.
Guiding Student Learning through Accomplished Mathematics Instruction
- Course Section Description:
Learn to effectively guide student learning, based on data from the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards' performance assessment of mathematics teachers. Focusing on key instructional aspects such as student profiles and a "focal" student approach, classroom culture focused on mathematics learning, aligning goals with instructional methods, and checking for understanding during lessons, this course helps 6th- to 12th- grade teachers accomplish mathematics goals.
Note: Course 1 (MATH512: Achieving Learning Goals through Accomplished Mathematics Instruction) will be a helpful, but not required, precursor for this course. This course is facilitated by National Board Certified Teachers (NBCTs) in mathematics.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- University of Sioux Falls - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Adams State University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Grade Level: