Course Section Information
06/12/2013 - 07/23/2013
Max. Class Size: 30
Offered by PBS National
- Enrollment is not open.
Teaching Math (Grades K-2): A Special Collection from Annenberg Learner
- Course Section Description:
Expand your understanding and practice of the key five process standards developed by National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM): Communication, Problem Solving, Reasoning and Proof, Representation, and Connections through multimedia resources (videos, student-teacher dialogues, and interactives) from Annenberg Learner. These process standards complement the mathematical content standards from NCTM. When both are used effectively in the classroom, students gain a fuller sense of what mathematics is, and have a greater opportunity for achieving understanding of its concepts and developing necessary mathematical thinking skills.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Sierra Nevada College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Adams State University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- James Madison University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Alethea Setser
- Subject Area:
- Grade Level: