Course Section Information
07/09/2014 - 08/19/2014
Max. Class Size: 30
Offered by PBS National
- Enrollment is not open.
Mathematics Illuminated: A Special Collection from Annenberg Learner
- Course Section Description:
This course reaches beyond formulas and computations to explore the math of patterns, symmetry, relationships, multiple dimensions, and more, all the while exploring the ever-evolving field of mathematics. The course approaches mathematics as a means to greater understanding of the power of math in everyday life, rather than as a successive set of skills to be mastered. You will research and explore the mathematical concepts and resources that meet your curriculum and student learning needs from among the rich resources at the Annenberg Learner Mathematics Illuminated website. This course will also engage you in learning more about the mathematics process standards from the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. By the end of this course, you will have developed an instructional unit based on your students' learning needs and your current mathematics curriculum.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Sierra Nevada College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Adams State University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Jenny Salls
- Subject Area:
- Grade Level: